MIT HOUSE Terms and Conditions
Reservations and Cancellation policy
The cancellation policies of each reservation will correspond to the Online Travel Agency or web page through which the reservation was made.
Below we show you the reservation an cancellation policies of MIT HOUSE.
To make a reservation in any of our apartments it will be necessary to pay the estimated rental deposit.
For reservations of less than 30 nights:
- The payment of the reservation deposit must be made with a credit or debit card through our secured payment system.
- The deposit payment will not be refundable except for those payments that respond to exceptional cancellation policies specified at the time of booking.
- The remaining rental amount and damage deposit must be paid with the given credit card 7 days prior to your check-in. This transaction must be authorized by the client according to EU law. In case the payment is denied or fails to be authorized the booking will be automatically cancelled without the right to a refund of the deposit made.
- Cancellations made less than 7 days before the check-in date will have a cost of 50% of the reservation.
- If the client wishes to change dates and/or apartment, it will be considered as an entire new reservation and will be subject to the respective cancellation policy.
- If the client wishes to cancel the reservation throughout his stay no refund will be given whatsoever.
- We will not consider a booking as cancelled if the client does not inform via e-mail or if we do not receive the written e-mail informing about the cancelation.
- If the client does not show up on the day of check-in, they will lose 100% of the reservation.
- If the reservation has been made within 7 days prior to the check in the full amount will be required. The respective cancelation policy will apply accordingly.
“Non-refundable” Cancellation Policy
By selecting this policy, the client/guest understands that MIT House is not obliged to make any refunds after the creation of the reservation and that the client agrees to accept this condition.
This policy covers, without excluding any other reason:
- Cancellation, delay or loss of flight, train, public or private transportation, or any other method.
- Conflicts in the country of origin or destination.
- Visa problems with entry to Spain or exit from any other country, including lack, error or denial of any other documentation or permits necessary to travel to Spain.
- Illness, whatever its type or condition.
- Accident or unforeseen event.
- Adverse weather conditions or natural disasters.
For reservations over 30 nights
- Bookings over 30 days will require the down payment, damage deposit and cleaning fee to be paid 48 hours in advance.
- The payment will be transferred according to the agreement made with our Monthly Booking agent, all detailed in writing. No booking can be confirmed if such payment has not been made into the bank account provided by the agency. (Any bank fees charged for the transfer will be accounted by the client).
- The deposit payment will not be refunded except for those payments that respond to exceptional cancellation policies previously agreed with one of our Monthly Booking agents and well specified in writing at the time of the booking.
Payment and booking confirmation
For reservations of less than 30 nights
- The specifics of the payments made or about to be made, will be detailed in the confirmation email of each reservation.
- To access the apartment, all the required payments must have been paid in full, damage deposit included. MIT House will not be responsible for delays of entry due to lack of payment.
For reservations over 30 nights
- The client will receive the specifics of the upcoming monthly payments (amounts and dates to be transferred). In case of non-fulfillment, we will consider the contract as breached and the client will be evicted, leaving the apartment in the same conditions as handed on the first day.
For reservations of less than 30 nights:
- Before arrival, you will be asked for a Damage Deposit of 200€ to 400€ depending on the apartment. This deposit must be in credit card, never in cash and will be refunded 7 days after the booking ends.
- Please remember, by accepting our Terms and Conditions, you agree that any damage caused by you or any of your companions will be deducted from your refundable deposit. If the damage exceeds the amount of the deposit you will also take care of the difference.
- The deposit will be collected and retained by the agency, and will be refunded to the same credit card within a maximum of 7 days after leaving the apartment once its good condition has been verified.
- In the event that the apartment presents damages due to a misuse of the furniture or other features, the agency will fill an entire report along with the repair costs which will be deducted from the Damage Deposit. If the damages exceed the deposit, the client agrees to make immediate restitution of those expenses, as agreed in the Terms and Conditions of the MIT House.
- MIT House is not responsible for any personal items left behind at any of our apartments.
For reservations over 30 nights
- An amount will be set by our Monthly Booking agent prior to the booking and could approximate to the equivalent of 2 months of rent.
- In the event that the apartment presents damages due to a misuse on the housing, the agency will fill an entire report along with the repair costs which will be deducted from the Damage Deposit. If the damages exceed the deposit, the client agrees to make immediate restitution of those expenses, as agreed in the Terms and Conditions of the MIT House.
Check-in and Check-out
Before your arrival
- In the reservation confirmation email you will find the exact address of the apartment and our offices, contact details, breakdown of payments and specific instructions for entering and leaving the reserved apartment. Please note that they may vary depending on the arrival time or the apartment booked. Please pay attention.
- In order to speed up the registration process and access to the apartment and to be able to comply with citizen security regulations, the guest and the rest of the occupants must identify themselves prior to the day of entry into the apartment by checking-in online. This process will be carried out through a smartphone or any other capable mobile device and with internet in which the MIT HOUSE application must have been previously downloaded. Any image and information required for this process will be treated in accordance with current GDPR regulations. For the online check-in process it will be necessary to enter the guest code that you will have received by email.MIT House will not be responsible for delays of entry if the guests fail to be registered upon arrival.
- Most of our apartments have digital locks for access to the apartment and/or the building. The opening of doors is done from the same MIT HOUSE application with which they have made the online check-in registration. We recommend that all the occupants of the house download the MIT HOUSE app and complete their registration process individually, in this way all the occupants will have access to the house from their mobile device.
- If the reserved accommodation does not have a digital lock, it will also be necessary to register/check-in online through our mobile application, and it will also be necessary to call us at least 30 minutes before your arrival to coordinate a meeting. in the direction of the apartment in the best possible way. During the face-to-face check-in process, a MIT HOUSE agent will receive you and give you the keys and instructions for the apartment and information of interest. Please note that if you have not contacted us in advance in sufficient time, you will have to wait.
- Please remember: The face-to-face check-in is between 3:00 p.m. and 02:00 a.m. For arrivals after 21:00 in apartments that require a Mit House agent to allow access, there will be a 30 euro late check-in surcharge to be paid on the spot in cash.
- The official check-in time is from 3:00 p.m. MIT HOUSE will do everything possible to allow access to clients in the apartment with arrivals prior to the official check-in time as soon as possible.
- Please note that if you make a reservation for the same day, the official check-in time will be from 19:00 hours (7:00 p.m.)
- In order to have access to the house it will be necessary to have all the payments made, including the rent and the refundable security deposit for damages.
- Please make sure we have your updated arrival time so that we can coordinate your arrival. Keep your contact person at the agency informed at all times of any delays or changes.
- For the efficient coordination of daily entries in our apartments, our check-in staff may contact you by phone or email prior to your entry, with the sole purpose of obtaining more detailed information about your arrival time. For this purpose, we ask you to be precise with the contact information provided and that you must fill in the information of your reservation. Any additional information that you want to provide us in this regard can be sent via e-mail to email@example.com outlining your reservation number, or call the contact number reflected in your confirmation email. 0034 915212876
At your departure
- Check-out must be made at 11am or earlier. Any unauthorized departure after 11am will be penalized.
- If you need to check-out after 11:00 am you need to call the office at least 24hours before check out to see if it´s available for late check out. Our team will confirm if the apartment is available. If so, you are welcome to stay until 6pm by paying 50% of the price per night. Any check-outs after 6pm. will cost 100% of the night.
- On the day of your check-out, you must leave the apartment organized and have disposed of the trash as indicated. It is not allowed to leave more than one garbage bag in the apartment on your departure. If that would occur, you will be charged 50€ as penalization.
- If ordered in advanced, we would be pleased to arrange a transport for your departure at the apartment.
MIT HOUSE app
See private policy
- MIT HOUSE will deliver the apartment clean and equipped with sheets and towels according to the number of occupants and length of stay. Any additional material requested will have an extra cost.
- Before leaving, the client is obliged to leave the apartment in perfect conditions.
- It is imperative to dispose of the garbage properly. Leaving behind more than 2 bags of garbage will be penalized with 50€.
- The client in whose name the reservation is made, as well as all the occupants of the apartment, must show MIT HOUSE their identification upon arrival. According to the Spanish Law, we are obliged to report your information to the police.
- In order to speed up the access process to the apartment and comply with the citizen security regulations, the guest and the rest of the occupants must identify themselves prior to the day of entry into the apartment by checking in online. This process will be carried out through a smartphone or any other capable mobile device in which the MIT HOUSE application must have been previously downloaded. Any image and information required for this process will be treated in accordance with current GDPR regulations.
- The check-in will be made by the person whose name is on the booking. If the person could not be present on the day of the check-in, he must notify so via e-mail in advance, providing a new name and ID of the person doing the Check-in instead. The authorized person will comply with the balance due and/or the Damage Deposit before finishing the check-in. Otherwise, it will not be possible to enter the apartment.
- Pets are only allowed if permission has been specifically granted in writing, prior to making the reservation. If you are not sure, we recommend that you contact MIT House before making a reservation.
- The client agrees to allow authorized MIT HOUSE personnel to enter the apartment to make safety and maintenance inspections to prevent inconveniences to the clients and neighbors. Refusal to grant access will translate in the client assuming responsibility for any damages or liabilities an incident may cause, regardless of the legal actions that correspond against it.
- In the event of any infringement of the obligations, MIT HOUSE, at its own discretion, will have the right to ask the client to leave the apartment, and the client will not be entitled to claim any type of compensation.
Code of conduct during the stay
- Loud music and parties are strictly prohibited. Failure to comply with this rule may result in automatic loss of deposit.
- Resting hours are from 10pm to 10am. We greatly appreciate your collaboration in this matter and hope you understand that these rules are necessary for a proper coexistence. All of our apartments have noise control systems. If we receive an alarm you will have a warning that must be respected. In case of not complying with these rules, MIT HOUSE has the right to evict the client from the apartment without any refund.
- The client,during the checkin online agrees to behave responsibly and correctly on behalf of himself and his accompanying party. If this person, or any of the accompanying party behaves in an unsuitable or incorrect manner, MIT House reserves the right to ask the client and the persons accompanying him to leave the apartment without the right to future claims or any type of compensation. This will also result in the loss of the prepaid rent and the refundable security deposit.
- It is absolutely forbidden to smoke in any of the MIT HOUSE apartments. Violation of this rule will translate in losing the entirety of the Damage Deposit.
- Any events of any kind, photoshoots, or commercial filming in any of our apartments are strictly forbidden if not authorized beforehand by MIT HOUSE personnel.
- By booking and doing the with MIT HOUSE, you are accepting our Terms and Conditions
- Neither MIT HOUSE nor the owner will be held responsible for any direct or indirect damages that may occur as a result of the client's use of the apartment. This includes damages, insurance, loss due to fire, theft, or criminal behavior.
- In the event the client fails to comply with the above-mentioned obligations, MIT HOUSE will have the right to ask the client to leave the apartment, and he will not be entitled to claim any type of compensation.
Applicable Law and Jurisdiction
- For cases in which regulations foresee the possibility for parties to choose the applicable law, both parties, having expressly renounced whichever other applicable law, will be govern by Spanish rules and regulations.
- For those cases in which the regulation foresees the possibility for parties to submit to a jurisdiction, both parties having expressly renounced whichever other applicable jurisdiction, will be under the Courts and Tribunals of the city of Madrid (Spain).
DISCLAIMER: This is a translation of the official version and binding for contractual purposes of the text in Spanish and is merely informative and has no legal validity.